Monday, April 25, 2011

Best of the Best

Its been a while, but still trying to pursue this quest... still the path is in question and my destination uncertain, but I am up and running.  January has long since passed and New Year's resolutions are far gone, some how I've managed to gain weight despite every effort to lose...always the case.  I have however tried something new, Bikram Yoga and Boot Camp. For those of you who don't know much about yoga (I don't either but this style intrigued me), Bikram Yoga is practiced in a 105 degree room for 90 minutes-- it's untterly invigorating.  You feel refreshed, loose, and calm by the time you walk out of the building.   Boot camp on the other hand is mentally stimulating, always pushing yourself to finish that last set or try the heavier weight...I find that I am not so much competing with my self as I am trying to improve myself.  Coming from someone who has never willfully attempted to do anything on her own, I've managed to pursue both ventures alone and did so within two weeks.  With that said, I happened to love both classes so much that I've recruited my sister who now does both with me.  We've concluded that although we love both, they can not be done on the same day as our appetites spike excessively and we can consume a refridgerator worth of food upon entering our kitchen.

Speaking of food I must tell you all about two absolutely fabulous recipes that I can not say enough about.  Both come from the same blog that I have followed for at least 2 years and I love it, but this is the first time I am commeting about it.  I have literally fallen in love with brownies. I have of course never turned a brownie down, but this recipe is undeniablly superior to any I have ever tasted, truly exceptional! Now, I unfortuneately don't have a camera or even know how to post pictures yet, but these brownies look as good as they taste.  Of course these aren't your typical brownies, they are cream cheese brownies (a.k.a cheesecake brownies).  The brownie part is more fudge like than cake like, which I believe is due to the pure chocolate flavor and the cream cheese part is subtle but appealing.  Now I don't know if I am even aloud to say where I got this from, but I will be emailing her as soon as I post this to tell her, but please check out Jamie at My Baking Addiction blog and look under cheesecake recipes for cheesecake brownies.  With out a doubt these are the best brownies I have ever tasted, and to top that off they are simple to make.  The only addition I made was to add chocolate chips to both the brownie batter and the cheesecake batter, it adds a little more dimension to the overall brownie. 
      The second recipe is also from Jamie and I will say it is the BEST cheesecake.  I have been smitten with many a cheesecakes, but this....this is simply divine, heavenly, earth shattering! It is light, (yes a cheesecake can be light), luscious, and creamy smooth.  This is perfect for a spring or summer get together or family dinner, but I will certainly be making this year round...it is far too good to keep for certain months. I have actually been thinking that I will make this at least once a week, allowing it to be part of my daily diet...hahaha! Seriously, I made it for Easter and couldn't stop from eating it.  I was getting nervous that there would be no left overs for me to enjoy later, so rather than promote how delicious this was, I toned it down making it seem less appealing...no such luck, everyone who ate it continued to eat it.  If you are looking for a cheesecake recipe, stop and go directly to My Baking Addiction and look under cheesecake for, of course no better title, the Best cheesecake!

I am contemplating participating in the food blog bake sale to raise money for childhood hunger...does anyone have any suggestions or advise, I'd love to hear from anyone...really! till the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment